Particularly in the insurance sector, organisations need to consider achieving agility, focus on new products and build a clear roadmap, all while keeping the lights on.
How can financial institutions make this happen? They should start with the business outcomes they want to achieve through mainframe modernisation and work backwards. By understanding the journey and the obstacles, solutions can be actioned faster. This also helps the organisation come to terms with whether they are ready for mainframe modernisation, calling into question if they need a technological shift or an internal cultural or mindset shift.
Further, looking to the future, the next big challenge is evident. The decades-long investment that companies will funnel into their mainframes will result in continuous innovation, cost optimisation and skill development. Financial institutions will also be forced to consider how application and infrastructure stacks can be supported with a lack of resources.
Sign up for this Finextra webinar, in association with Accenture and Amazon Web Services (AWS), to join the panel of industry experts as they discuss the following areas:
- How best can financial institutions develop their mainframe modernisation strategies?
- With rip and replace no longer being tenable, how can key elements of technology be transformed?
- What is the strategy for transformation beyond the dependency on legacy developers?
- What does the digital endgame look like?
- Jane Cooper - Researcher, Finextra [Moderator]
- Steve Steuart - Global Head of Mainframe Migration and Modernization, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Keval Mehta - FS Cloud Lead, Accenture